Internal Medicine Services
One of the greatest challenges in caring for internal medicine patients is determining an accurate diagnosis, as quite often patients have symptoms that can indicate a number of diseases. Simple or complex, common or rare, our board-certified internal medicine specialists treat all illnesses and conditions affecting pets' internal organs and bodily systems. If identifying the root cause is providing elusive or treatment is now working as intended, our internists are here to help you and your pet.
We diagnose and treat diseases affecting the following body systems and organs:
- Blood and bone marrow
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Hormone systems
- Immune system
- Respiratory system
- Urinary and reproductive tract
We use advanced equipment to aid in diagnosis and treatment, including:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Digital Radiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Bone Marrow Aspirates & Biopsies
- Minimally Invasive Diagnostics
- STAT Laboratory Services
- Transfusion Medicine
- GI Endoscopy
- Urinary System Endoscopy
Our internists work across all specialties, providing a comprehensive approach to your pet's care, and are committed to doing all they can to improve the overall quality of life for your pet.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT MY PET'S INTERNAL MEDICINE APPOINTMENT?
Your consultation appointment with the internist comprises several components:
Please allow 1 to 2 hours for this entire discussion.
INTERNAL MEDICINE APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- All new consults and drop-offs should come fasted. No food after 10 pm the night before. **Except young animals less than 1 year of age or diabetics, then a small meal is acceptable.
- Patients needing GI endoscopies must be fasted for 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- Try not to let your pet urinate 1-2 hours prior to the appointment and give all medications as prescribed unless directed otherwise by a doctor.
MEET OUR BOARD-CERTIFIED SPECIALISTS: