Emergency & Critical Care
Expect us to be there for the unexpected. With three hospitals in Southeastern Wisconsin, take comfort in knowing Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our board-certified emergency and critical care specialists, emergency veterinarians, and technical team members are ready to care for your ill or injured pet. Lakeshore's Glendale hospital is proud to be the first Level I VECCS-Certified Emergency and Critical Care Facility in the country. Lakeshore provides sophisticated patient care, including experienced critical care specialists who oversee care in our state-of-the-art intensive care unit.
Please call us or come in if you have urgent concerns about your pet or if your pet is experiencing any of these conditions that may require immediate care:
- Abnormal behavior or loss of consciousness
- Abnormal urination
- Breathing issues
- Decompensation of a chronic condition
- Inability to stand or walk
- Infections and abscesses
- Organ disease or failure
- Pale gums
- Prolonged or repeated seizures
- Red eyes
- Toxin ingestion
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Weakness or lethargy
Our facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostics and therapeutics, employing the latest and proven techniques for critically ill or injured pets, enduring the best care for your pets.
- Advanced imaging including digital radiography, ultrasound, CT, MRI
- Comprehensive monitoring systems such as blood pressure monitoring ECG, pulse oximetry
- Emergency surgery
- In-house STAT lab services
- Multimodal pain control including local and regional anesthesia, laser, and acypuncture
- Nutirtional support
- Respiratory care including therapeutic ventilation, oxygen therapy, and tracheal stenting
- Transfusion medicine
- Wound management
Pre-Register Your Pet!
Be prepared when an emergency strikes! Pre-register your pet with Lakeshore today!